Another holiday, another nice jeweller discovered….well, this wasn’t really a holiday just a long weekend at a new music festival called No Direction Home. Yes there was mud, yes there was mulled cider and yes I managed to go shopping.
Some festival highlights:
- Beautiful music – Gruff Rhys, Django Django, The Unthanks (with Rastrick and Brighouse Brass Band – Ace!), Hyperpotamus – a very bendy man from Madrid with a mouth that can do amazing things and a loop pedal.
- Postal service at the festival which involved postmen and postladies (in fetching (sometimes too tight) uniforms) cycling around delivering letters and postcards and spreading the love to festival goers.
- Secret woodland stage. A gorgeous fairy-light bedecked treat in the woodlands.
- Fooood. Including our very own ‘Moorish’ from Leeds.
- And finally Xuella Arnold Jewellery Lovely stuff, perfect for the setting with birds, butterflies, flowers …